Affiliations: Hit Mechaniks/Hi Def Media/M-Audio “M-Powered Artist”
Raphiki’s career spans over 15 years experience in the music business. His career started as a College Radio host and DJ at California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo. After College, he moved back to his hometown, Los Angeles, and expanded his career to the record label side. Stints include project manager for Rawkus Records at its height of notoriety as an independent hip hop label, working on touted hip hop classics that launched the careers of critically acclaimed artists, such as Mos Def’s “Black on Both Sides” and Talib Kweli’s “Train of Thought”. From there he moved on to Director of A&R at Avatar Records, overseeing various projects featuring artists such as Jurassic 5, and Slum Village.
Raphiki’s talents also allowed him to be heard every weekend for the last 10 years on LA’s Hip-Hop based radio station, KPWR/Power 106. It was here where he was ale to develop his signature sound, that led to several tours around the world as a Radio and Club Dj.
Currently, Raphiki holds down a variety of responsibilities that include a syndicated radio show, Director of Music Programming for Hi Def Media LLC, as well as production for his debut Album.
- Bishop Lamont “Pope Mobile” Mixtape
- Director of A&R Avatar Records
- Director of Music Supervision Marc Ecko
- Enterprises (Ecko, Zoo Yourk, G-Unit, Avirex, Mark Echo Collection)
- N.V.A. “Straight From the Crates” Vol. 1 Album
- Noni Spitz “W.I.M.S. Radio” mixtape
- Planet Asia “The Grand Opening” Album
- Power 106 FM (Los Angeles)
- Rawkus Records (Blackstar, Hi-Tek, Mos Def, Pharoahe Monch, Talib Kweli)